Terms and Conditions
The following are the Rules under which The Prestoungrange Gothenburg
accords GothPoints to Members of the Charity. Please
- Membership is of The Prestoungrange Arts Festival carried
on under its charitable status.
- The Charity is able to reclaim tax at the basic rate on your
contribution if the Member pays tax at the basic rate and will
do so; if the Member personally pays at the higher rates of
taxation that Member can reclaim that portion also on the IR
Own Annual Assessment Return by quoting Charity Ref. # SC033139.
- Non-payers of tax at the basic rate can still become a Member
by making their donation.
- Memberí»s donations do not contain any VAT.
- By special agreement, Members are
accorded GothPoints when presenting this card at The
Prestoungrange Gothenburg, Prestonpans, East Lothian, Scotland,
EH32 9BE; and may in the future also be able to earn such points
at other locations.
- In accordance with The 1908 Gothenburg Principles
no incentivisation of the sale of alcohol or tobacco to Members
shall ever be accorded by GothPoints.
- Members will receive GothPoints on applicable purchases
against a published Tariff at a nominal redemption value of
1p Scots that can only be spent at
The Prestoungrange Gothenburg on applicable purchases.
- Members must normally spend at least £1 on any transaction
for that transaction to qualify for GothPoints with
a similar minimum for redemptions.
- Private functions and parties, speciality meals and notified
promotions will not always be eligible for GothPoints,
but you will be informed in advance. Details of precise tariffs
current at any time will be widely publicised.
- GothPoints will normally be added within 24 hoursby
the EPOS systems to Membersí» accounts provided the card
is produced. [If the card is not produced at the
time payment is due, any GothPoints due on the transaction can
at the Memberí»s discretion be noted on a docket provided
for that purpose by the staff and will be added to the records
manually when office time permits on the absolute condition
that the Member is subsequently able to provide their own Membership
number and identify themselves at the Arts Festival office and
always subject to payment of a further Donation to the Charity
of £1 to help meet administration costs.]
- A record of each Memberí»s accumulation and redemption
of GothPoints is available at all times on the eReader
provided in the James Park Lounge and online at www.prestoungrange.org
together with the opportunity to update personal details online.
- Members cannot make a part payment of points towards a purchase.
You must collect the full amount of points needed for any given
applicable purchase. These will then be deducted from the total
on your card by the EPOS system.
- Members do not qualify for GothPoints howsoever on
purchases that they have paid for with accumulated GothPoints.
- The Prestoungrange Gothenburg can withdraw or cancel this
scheme or any individual Memberí»s card at any time but
will honour any and all accumulated GothPoints unless
any malpractice has been determined.
- All Membership cards remain the property of The Prestoungrange
Arts Festival and must be returned to us on request or destroyed
if no longer valid for use.
- Either or both The Prestoungrange Arts Festival and The Prestoungrange
Gothenburg can take any action they feel appropriate at any
time, and if necessary without notice until after the action
has been taken, to remedy any abuse of the scheme, but their
decisions can be subject to scrutiny by the auditor if so requested
by Members who are thereby affected.
- All correspondence/ promotions/ updates to Members in respect
of GothPoints will be via email and not regular post,
and by Notices posted at The Prestoungrange Gothenburg.
- Members must be over 18 years of age.
- GothPoints have no expiry date unless the scheme
has been discontinued under clause 14 above in which circumstance
they shall expire 3 months after the publication of the schemeí»s
- If a Memberí»s card is lost, they should contact The
Prestoungrange Gothenburg on 01875 819922 immediately to avoid
others redeeming the accumulated GothPoints. Provided
due notice has been received the GothPoints will be
blocked from the lost card and transferred to a new Membership
card for the issue of which a further Donation of £2 will
be required to help to meet the administration costs arising.
- Members are specifically expected to ensure that their personal
details on the EPOS database are kept up to date e.g. new email
address or phone numbers an this can be done either at the eReader
in the James Park Lounge or via the Internet. Any and all Notices
issued by email to Members will be assumed to have been received
at the email address held in the database.
- These terms and conditions do not confer any enforceable
rights on a person who is not party to these terms and conditions.
|Policy on Data Protection and Privacy
Prestoungrange Arts Festival uses your details here provided
and updated from time to time on its EPOS database to process
your application for Membership, to maintain and update a
record of GothPoints collected and redeemed and to
assist The Prestoungrange Gothenburg and The Prestoungrange
Arts Festival to improve their services to Members. The Prestoungrange
Arts Festival will disclose information held on the EPOS database
to the Baron Courts of Prestoungrange and Dolphinstoun (1998),
East of Scotland Public House, Prestonpans Salt, Pandores
Oysters and Fowler's Ales (Prestoungrange). We may inform
you by email only about special officers, products and services,
which we consider and can demonstrate as likely to be of especial
interest to you.