Welcome to our Website
The Baron Court of Prestoungrange has existed since 1189. It was
established in its present form in 1998 and further registered
as a Scottish Charity in 2002. The baronial
pedigree since the twelth century has included many distinguished
Scottish leaders. When the Court's judicial role was finally abolished on November 28th 2004 the final session of any such Courts in Scotland was held and the last use of the stocks was ordered.
The Court, working in partnership with the Baron
Court of Dolphinstoun, is active throughout the former baronial
lands in supporting historical research art and education. In
particular, The Court works with The Prestoungrange Gothenburg
in providing an outstanding social and artistic centre for the
At all times we seek to work as appropriate with other local groups
including the Industrial Heritage
Museum at the former Prestongrange coal mine (Scotland's
first), brickworks and potteries, the 3Harbours Festival and the Battle of Prestonpans 1745 Heritage Trust which the Barons established in 2006.
Any and all suggestions and enquiries are welcome at the News & E-Mail section of this site.
PRESTOUNGRANGE ARTS FESTIVAL CHARITY
OUR GOTHENBURG PRINCIPLES
Our purpose is to research and communicate, in print and through
the arts, the thousand year history of the Baronies of Prestoungrange
& Dolphinstoun and our ancient Burgh of Prestonpans.
Our determination is to be an inclusive, creative
and respectful community which grows in self esteem
as we celebrate together the outstanding contribution
our forebears made and openly share our heritage with all
our visitors and tourists.
In so doing we know that we are assisting the continuing improvement
of the socio-economic wellbeing of our whole community.
Under our Courts charitable status and our Gothenburg Principles at The Prestoungrange Gothenburg all surpluses achieved are used for the betterment of our