'US' National Society of Mural Painters
National Society of Mural Painters
c/o Art Students League of New York, 215 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA
Dear Members, Past, Present and Future:
I would like to invite you to the next general meeting of the National Society of Mural Painters on Monday, March 13th at 6 PM. We will be meeting this time at the studio of Ron Genereux, Artgroove located at 336 West 37th St., Fl. 10, New York, NY 10018. Light refreshments will be provided. Discussion topics will include:
· Discuss society business
· Voting on new members
· Committee action plans for 2006
· Discuss fundraising
· Report on status of archives
· Discuss new membership recruitment and public relations
· Discuss our evolving webpage and new listserve at www.nationalsocietyofmuralpainters.com
Send comments so we may continue to improve and make it useful to the members.
· Discuss web links to artists webpages, and online portfolio
Please send your suggestions for web-links that you think would interest our members. Site suggestions include: government agencies, materials suppliers, galleries, museums, arts organizations, art history, conservators, architect, interior designers, etc.
· Discuss offering web sponsorships to help support the website
· We would like to start an online bibliography of books on murals. Please email your suggestions to our website.
· Plan for summer picnic
· Begin plans for murals survey and mural tours. Internship opportunity available to identify and catalogue a comprehensive list of public murals, in door and out door in the New York area.
· Discuss plans for developing mural workshops
· Discuss plans for the Fall 2006 mural conference
· Discuss subjects for presentations at future meetings: Arts lawyers, materials suppliers, arts conservation, etc.
Please mail or bring your ballot for the 2006 executive officer elections to the next meeting. Candidates were nominated at the last meeting in January. Election results will be posted on the website. (2006 Ballot enclosed)
We decided at the last meeting that membership dues will be collected on a calendar basis with all dues received in the last quarter of 2005 being grandfathered in for 2006. This letter will serve as your 2006 membership renewal notification. Membership dues are the same as last year, $45 and $25 for students. You may now renew your membership at the NSMP website with a major credit card.
Tentative dates for future meetings:
May 2006 Business meeting
July 2006 Mural Painter’s Picnic!
Sept 2006 Business meeting
Nov 2006 Dinner
Bring your thoughts, insights, images of current project and other items of interest to share with members. We look forward to another productive evening. Please RSVP to David Pena, Treasurer, at email@example.com. If you would like to be included on our mailing list, would like to join the society anew, or are unsure of your membership status, drop us an email at our new website www.nationalsocietyofmuralpainters.com or call David Pena, Treasurer, at  (212) 529-5389.
Jeff Greene, President
Published Date: February 12th 2006