INDEX 1745  GLOBAL MURALS  PRESTONPANS  ARTS FESTIVAL  GOTHENBURG FOWLERS..


Home

Origins & History

Heritage & Museum

Clan Court & Household

University Press

Regalia

Golfing Delights

Appointments

Court Records

Picture Gallery

Manor of Milton Malsor
Oceana
East Lodge Prestonpans
Laird of Glencairn

MBE

Barony of Lochnaw

Barga
Shop Online

News & Email

Search
Site News

Gothenburg Pub Sign Hangs Again - Virtually

We have restored the Gothenburg pub sign as used by Tennent Caledonian from 1986 onwards until the Murrays took it down in 1998.

Surprisingly since the whole town calls and always did call the place The Goth, that name was only formally hung and recognised from 1986.

Research now shows that from 1908 until 1965 it was the Trust Tavern and, from 1965 when Trust Houses in London sold out to Bass, it was renamed the Forth Tavern.

Looks like we shall still be calling it The Gothenburg when it reopens. But with a new 21st Century sign... this one will have a place of honour indoors along with some old Fowler's Ales logos and signs no doubt.
The Gothenburg Sign

Published Date: August 1st 2002


Back Back to top
ugg pas cher bottes fourr¨Ĥes ugg ugg bottes